Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Riposte



Spirit Week: Yes! See, I'll demonstrate my unparalleled (sort of) enthusiasm and school spirit in my dress, while sneering with derision at school spirit when I... well, you know. Forgo a couple activities.

D.C.: You know I'll never forgive you for not taking me, right? Ever. This could be the greatest birthday present I would ever receive. Sigh. I think this would be a perfect youtube opportunity. I'd much rather hear your commentary on the inauguration than some silly Fox News reporter or whatever. Plus I could show the video to my great-grandchildren.


Something I've recently discovered:
- I make up way too many words. I mean, it's somewhat acceptable in Spanish where I invent words that exist in French. But in English? Dredges of Latin find their way up through my subconscious, and I blurt out words and hope they're right. Like laud. Is that a word? In latin, the infinitive is laudare (oh wait, dictionary.com just confirmed that it is, indeed, a word).

No comments: